Liar.

So, I'd reported previously that my flights were booked.

This was a lie. Although I did think it to be true at the time.

It turns out that it's not just the UK that has you tearing through layers of red-tape at every level.

Our travel request had to be authorised by 'The Institute' (sounds scary, no?), then the hospital's Executive team, then the travel office, then back to our lovely travel booking lady to confirm that we're still okay with arrangements before they could confirm the flights.

Phew.

Anyway, we're now all booked and ready to go. Ticket-and-visa-wise anyway. So I say to those of you hoping to stop my departure with a last-minute declaration of love: put down the guitar and cancel the roses... It's done.

But in the words of America's 8th best politician: I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment